Get Away to St. Mary’s County, Md.
This Chesapeake Bay destination is brimming with history, outdoor fun, vibrant culture - and it's affordable! Just a short drive from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, discover the mid-Atlantic’s best kept travel secret. It's the Bay without the Bridge!
Feel Great About Your Family Weekend
- Historic St. Mary's City – Maryland's first capital is now an outdoor living history museum on the St. Mary's River.
- Piney Point Lighthouse/Museum – Climb to the top of the oldest lighthouse on the Potomac River.
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum – Get close to Naval test aircraft, fly the flight trainers.
- Parks & Beaches – Play on quiet beaches along the Patuxent and Potomac Rivers and the Chesapeake Bay.
Feel Great About Your Get-Away Weekend
- Seafood & Waterside Dining – Enjoy outdoor dining and fresh-caught seafood.
- Wineries – St. Mary's has two exceptional wineries—one in town, and one along the water.
- Paddle Trails – This peninsula has miles of tidal creeks and open water to paddle.
- Historic Leonardtown – Shop, dine and enjoy tiny Leonardtown.