Charter Fishing Excursions
Come fish for bass, catfish, cobia, and more all right here in St. Mary's County! Enjoy the open water and great catches with one of our local charter fishing companies who are ready to take you out!
The warm sun, the smell of salt, and the cool breeze are what’s on offer when you come charter fishing with us. St. Mary’s County and Southern Maryland have some of the best fishing in the state and we’ve got the tools to help you plan the perfect weekend. Fishing and life on the water have a long history in this part of Maryland and we are excited to show you everything the region has to offer for.
Our charter fishing companies include:
- Belladoe Charters: call 240-434-1851 to make reservations; boat capacity is 30 people; launch point is from Tall Timbers Marina.
- Buzz's Marina: call 301-247-7887 to make reservations; boat capacity is 6; launch point is from Buzz's Marina.
- Eva Marie Charters: call 301-904-4090 to make reservations; boat capacity is 20; launch point is from Drury's Marina in Ridge.
- Fish the Bay Charters: call 301-904-0935 to make reservations; boat capacity is 20 for the Lisa, the Chesapeake Charm is 10, and Desperate Measures is for up to 4 people; lunch point is located in Dameron, Md.
- Gerry C. Charters: call 240-538-1531 to make reservations; boat capacity is 24; launch point is from Point Lookout Marina.
- Hurricane Charters: call 703-489-4218 to make reservations; boat capacity is 6; launch point is Colton's Point Marina till July and Point Lookout Marina for the rest of the year.
- Marica II Charters: email firstname.lastname@example.org to make reservations; boat capacity is 6; launch point is Point Lookout Marina
- North Star Charters: call 301-373-0019 to make reservations; boat capacity is 20; launch point is St. George's Island.
- Potomac Joe's Fishing Service: call 301-674-9266 to make reservations; boat capacity is 2; launch point is from Smallwood State Park
- Tiawana Lady: call 301-748-8807 to make reservations; boat capacity is 24; launch point is from Drury's Marina in Ridge.
Begin planning your fishing trip by booking a room at one of our unique B&Bs , waterfront vacation rentals, or limited choice hotel.
- Susannah's Watch B&B - This historic waterside bed and breakfast offers five uniquely appointed rooms, beautiful views of the Patuxent River and delicious, locally-sourced breakfast daily.
- The Inn at Leonardtown - Located in the heart of Downtown Leonardtown, this recently renovated hotel
- Swanendele Inn – Relax on the expansive wrap around porch of this elegant, upscale country inn on the shore of St. Jerome’s Creek and the Chesapeake Bay.
- Pier450 – With eight unique rooms right on the water and a restaurant attached, this remote boutique motel has views of Smith Creek and the Potomac River.
- Chesapeake Charm - A waterside cottage that is owned by Fish the Bay Charters, where you can enjoy the waterfront views and hop right on the charter fishing boat first thing in the morning.
- Island Estate - This 20 room vacation rental is the perfect lodging accommodation for a large group of looking to get on the water. With a private pier located on the property, a charter boat could pick you from where you're staying!
No bites? Enjoy these local favorites and waterside dining options:
- Chief's Bar - A local hot spot known for stuffed ham eggrolls, a unique twist on this Southern Maryland delicacy.
- Ruddy Duck Seafood and Alehouse - Overlook the Potomac and the St. Mary's River as you enjoy unique seafood dishes and locally made craft beer.
- Captain Pat's - Local waterfront restaurant located at Dennis Point Marina with fresh caught crabs and amazing seafood options.
- Courtney's Seafood Restaurant - If you want to eat like a true local, this is the restaurant for you. With fresh catches of the day and handmade dishes, this family owned restaurant won't disappoint.
In need of some gear, stop by these local shops for your gear:
- The Tackle Box is your local one-stop shop. They offer a wide variety of services and products from licenses, fishing gear, bait, tackle and so much more. Make sure to read the Fishing Report that they provide to see what is biting!
- Bob's Sunoco That Fishing Place is a full-service bait and tackle/hunting and fishing store. They carry a full line of Bass Pro Shops merchandise and other merchandise from most manufactures.