Visit St. Mary's County Maryland

Where the Potomac & the Chesapeake meet

St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church

Built in 1767, the church was designed by William Boulton who crafted the woodwork at nearby Sotterley Plantation. It is an outstanding example of colonial architecture. The church's brick exterior has an unusual inset portico, a large Palladian window, and two towers. The interior features balconies and original box pews. A hand-lettered altarpiece, or reredos, was painted in 1771, and is one of three surviving in the country. National Register of Historic Places.

Religious Heritage

Built in 1767, the church was designed by William Boulton who crafted the woodwork at nearby Sotterley Plantation.  It is an outstanding example of colonial architecture. The church’s brick exterior has an unusual inset portico, a large Palladian window, and two towers. The interior features balconies, and original box pews. A hand-lettered altarpiece, or reredos, was painted in 1771, and is one of three surviving in the country. National Register of Historic Places.

Visit St. Mary's MD
23115 Leonard Hall Dr.
P.O. Box 653
Leonardtown, MD 20650

main1-800-327-9023

Copyright © 2019 Visit St. Mary's MD  |  Site Design by CDF Web Solutions