Visit St. Mary's County Maryland

Where the Potomac & the Chesapeake meet

Trinity Episcopal Church

Originally established in 1638, the first Trinity Church was a wooden structure located on Smith Creek. In 1642, it was moved to St. Mary's City and in 1694, when the state capital was moved from St. Mary's City to Annapolis, the local State House served as the church for 134 years. The present-day church was constructed in 1829 using brick salvaged from the original 1676 State House. National Register of Historic Places.

Religious Heritage

Originally established in 1638, the first Trinity Church was a wooden structure located on Smith Creek. In 1642, it was moved to St. Mary’s City and in 1694, when the state capital was moved from St. Mary’s City to Annapolis, the local State House served as the church for 134 years. The present-day church was constructed in 1829 using brick salvaged from the original 1676 State House. National Register of Historic Places.

Visit St. Mary's MD
23115 Leonard Hall Dr.
P.O. Box 653
Leonardtown, MD 20650

main1-800-327-9023

Copyright © 2019 Visit St. Mary's MD  |  Site Design by CDF Web Solutions