Built in 1766, St. Francis Xavier Church replaced the original Newtown Chapel (1662). Unusual features include the barrel vault ceiling and two octagonal-shaped brick ends. Also on site is Newtown Manor (1789) whose Flemish bond brickwork indicates its early construction. The church and manor, and the 700-acre farm that surrounds it, is an example of a self-contained Jesuit community. National Register of Historic Places.