Cardinal Gibbons Park

Established in 1924 by Jesuit Father LaFarge as a vocational institute under the auspices of the Baltimore Diocese, and operated by educators from the Tuskegee Institute, the coeducational school for African-American students operated until 1967. It was named for Archbishop James Cardinal Gibbons of Baltimore who donated money for purchase of the land. A monument marks the site where the institute once stood.

St. Mary's Heritage

Cardinal Gibbons Park

48913 Seaside View Road
Ridge, MD 20680

(301) 475-4200

  • Hours:
    Call or visit website for season and hours of operation.
Website