Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival 2022
Come celebrate the 22nd Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival July 8th-10th with music and seafood in Leonardtown and at St. Clement’s Island.
The weekend includes a reception and free Friday night concert, jazz brunches, jazz cruises, and groovy activities in historic downtown Leonardtown in addition to the Saturday main event at St. Clement’s Island Museum.
Friday Kick-Off Reception and Concert in Downtown Leonardtown
Start the weekend off right with a welcome reception including drinks, light fare, and live music from 1-3 pm at The Inn at Leonardtown.
Join Jazz Ambassador Wynne Briscoe for an afternoon jazz cruise on Breton Bay with drinks, light fare, and live music. Get your tickets here.
Grab dinner and drinks on a patio in the square, check out some of our local favorites below.
Enjoy a free concert in the park from 6-9 pm featuring the Eric Byrd Trio.
And the night doesn't have to end there! Be sure to purchase your tickets soon for the All White Attire Soriee at The Rex. Sip cocktails, enjoy a buffet, and dance the night away in your best all white outfit, the party starts at 9:30 pm.
Find More Friday Night Fun at these Jazzed-up Leonardtown Spots:
- Do Dah Deli will be serving up hip sandwiches and sweet treats for the whole family at their chill downtown spot.
- Pasta and jazz are a perfect pairing at Il Piccolo Morso, make a reservation at this neighborhood gem for authentic Italian eats.
- Listen to jazz guitarist Alex Bizzarro while enjoying great pizza, craft beer, and drinks at the Slice House.
- Enjoy craft cocktails and a cozy atmosphere at Social Coffeehouse & Cocktail Bar with jazz music as your backdrop. Local ingredients are turned into groovy espresso drinks, cocktails, light fare, and tapas.
- Sweetbay Restaurant and Bar will be serving upscale fare and wonderful wines in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Be sure to make a reservation in advance for this popular spot on the square.
- If American comfort food is what you are craving, check out the historic Ye Olde Towne Café for funky sandwiches, hot soups, cool drinks, and classic cocktails.
Saturday Main Event and Afterparty
Bring your chairs and blankets and relax waterside at St. Clement's Island for a day filled with live music and some of the best seafood in Maryland from 10 am-9 pm.
The all-jazz lineup includes:
Howard University Jazz Quartet
Latrice Carr Music Group
Tickets include the concert, a water taxi boat cruise, free museum admission, and door prize ticket. Get your tickets here before they are gone!
But it's not over yet! When the music wraps, head to Leonardtown for the Jazz Ambassador After Party at Brüdergarten. There will be drinks, live music and good times to be had late into the night!
- Start your jazz fest Sunday with some exercise in the fresh Southern Maryland air at Spice Fitness Studios with a 1920s flapper outdoor Barre class beginning at 8 am.
- The Port of Leonardtown Winery will host a day of jazzy fun at their tasting room and outdoor patio and lawn area featuring live band GrooveSpan playing jazz hits from 1-4 pm.
Enjoy a jazz brunch at The Front Porch Restaurant located in the historic Sterling House featuring live jazz music from the Van Williamson Jazz Duo while you dine.
Antoinette’s Garden will be hosting a cool jazz brunch with mimosas, creative food options, and live music from 2-5 pm. Dine indoors or in the historic Leonardtown Square.
How about a jazz lunch? Head on over to the Old Towne Pub for signature cocktails, lots of beer options, award-winning wings, and live jazz.
Enjoy a jazz brunch at The Rex, featuring live jazz music from Funkzilla from 11 am-2 pm while you dine.
Spend the afternoon at Shepherds Old Field Market, a historic warehouse and hardware store rehabbed into an indoor marketplace and community gathering space. Wander through the shops, the deli, the beer garden, the ice cream shop, and more!
The St. Mary’s County Arts Council Gallery & Gift Shop will be open from 11 am-4 pm with a special sale for jazz lovers.
Stop by Fenwick Street Used Books & Music for a wide variety of jazz books and collectible vinyl.
Sunday Jazz Cruises
Take a two-hour afternoon or sunset cruise with live jazz music on beautiful Breton Bay. Embark from the Leonardtown Wharf, and enjoy light fare and refreshments with Jazz Ambassador Wynne Briscoe as you wrap up your Jazzfest weekend. Get tickets here before they sell out!