Dent Chapel

This chapel was erected in 1883 on the grounds of the Charlotte Hall Military Academy in memory of Reverend Hatch Dent, the academy's first principal. Built of granite with a decorative brick belt, it is considered one of the finest examples of Victorian Religious Gothic architecture in Maryland.

St. Mary's Heritage

Dent Chapel

59666 Charlotte Hall Road
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622

(301) 884-8171

  • Hours:
    Call for season and hours of operation.