South County Getaway
Enjoy a peaceful getaway to our South County area. This area is full of beautiful waterfront lodging, delicious seafood, and fun outdoor activities.
South County is the perfect location for you to escape and unwind for a vacation. Stay at one of our breathtaking waterfront lodging properties, enjoy locally made food, and explore the outdoors. See what your next vacation could be like.
Wake up every morning with beautiful views of the water. South County's lodging gives you the opportunity to roll out of bed and walk right onto the beach to enjoy your morning coffee.
- Swanendele Inn is a gorgeous Bed and Breakfast with seven unique rooms and a home filled with art and history from around the world. Relax on the wrap around porch to take in the scenery or enjoy the newly renovated bar and wine cellar area.
- The Inn at Brome Howard is a historic Bed and Breakfast located on the grounds of Historic St. Mary's City. This former 1840's plantation home is the perfect accommodation for you to rest and relax as you stroll through formal gardens or enjoy the view of the St. Mary's River.
- The Quarters at Pier450 have eight distinctly designed rooms with their own individual themes. Walk from your room to the Pier450 restaurant for brunch or drinks on the beach.
- The Hideaway on Hays Beach is one of the unique waterfront vacation rentals located in South County. This three bedroom vacation rental with a private beach is the perfect getaway location for you and your friends and family to enjoy.
- Woodlawn Farm Bed and Breakfast provides you with breathtaking view of the Potomac when you stay in one of their cottage style suites. Truly feel like you have escaped to a peaceful getaway when you stay on this 180 acre bed and breakfast.
There are a wide variety of vacation rentals located in South County waiting for you to unwind and relax right on the water.
Being right on the water means there are some great meals waiting for you. Here are some dining options for to visit.
- Pier450 is located right on the water with beautiful views inside and outside. Handmade dishes with local ingredients create a wonderful dining experience for both brunch on the weekends and dinner.
- Want to eat like a true local? Courtney's Seafood Restaurant is the place for you. This family owned restaurant has delicious and fresh seafood dishes you will love.
Enjoy a wide variety of activities from the outdoors to discovering history. See where South County can take you on your next adventure.
- Historic St. Mary's City is an outdoor living museum that continues to tell the story of life at the first capital in Maryland. Explore the grounds and speak with interpreters as they tell you about everyday life in St. Mary's City during the 17th century and walk aboard The Dove.
- The Commemorative to Enslaved Peoples of Southern Maryland located at St. Mary's College of Maryland is an exhibit that acknowledge and gives visitors the chance learn from the lives of those who once toiled here.
- South County is surrounded by water, so what better way to spend your time than on a charter boat! South County is home to several charter fishing companies that will take you and your friends out on the water for some great fishing
- Join our local expert Captain Phil Langley of Fish the Bay Charters for tours, excursions, cruises and outings along the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. You will be introduced to the charm, natural beauty, heritage and delicate balance of our region's estuaries, traveling along the same waterways as Captain John Smith and the first settlers of Maryland.
- Point Lookout State Park provides you the opportunity to learn about history and enjoy the great outdoors. Learn about this sites role in the Civil War and the Underground Railroad, and hear the spooky stories about the haunted lighthouse located here. You can also enjoy camping, fishing, swimming, birding and more for a day of fun in the outdoors.
Looking to bring a group? Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 804-410-4166 to help.
Want to learn more about South County? Click on the link below to discover it's history.